Disclaimer

The author hereby refuses to accept responsibility for any liability - legal, mental or otherwise, incurred by any reader during or after encountering any of the material published in these pages. Any resemblance to any person or incident is surely intentional and pejorative to the fullest degree. In case you are offended by derogatory remarks, snide comments and subversive dialogues you are requested to ask yourself if the author would give a damn. The author hopes you grow an apple tree out of your left ear.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Dancing in the Rain


Have you ever got the feeling that your knee cap is a good singer? Well, I have. I found out some 4 months ago. Its a funny story. It was in the month of July. The start of the rainy season. It had just begun to drizzle. Walking down the road , I felt this itch in my right leg. I looked down and there it was! My knee cap was in a world of its own, singing in a brilliant baritone. My chest swelled with pride. I didnt know it was possible. I saw dreams of how iI would become the talk of the town. I would earn money. No, mint it! Girls would flock around me to hear my knee cap sing. They would clap and laugh, amused. Oh, how I dreamt!

Suddenly, it stopped. I was shocked at first, and sad later. I pranced around, hoping that somehow it would start again. It didnt, just then. But something about that particular way I moved caused me to believe that it would go back to how it was. I didnt give up. I didnt want to. I pranced and danced for 3 hours with just hope to keep me going. I got stared at, laughed at. Made fun of. And after all that, I had the last laugh. There really is a rain dance.

(Note: This is a post written by me in another blog. Posted it here for lack of ideas.)

No comments: